|Did You know... |
- Thanks to the water cycle, we have the same water on earth today as the dinosaurs had.
- It takes 1,800 gallons of water to make one pair of denim jeans.
- That out of every 100 drops of rain plants absorb 70 drops, 20 become surface runoff that flows out of the area, and 10 actually soak into the ground to be held as groundwater.
- The average Thanksgiving dinner requires 42,000 gallons of water to grow and prepare.
- That YOU are the most important person when it comes to Water Conservation.
|Be a Water Saver By... |
- Turning the faucet off while brushing your teeth will save 5 gallons of water.
- Using a nozzle on your garden hose. A running hose wastes 10 gallons of water a minute.
- Not using the toilet as a trash can. Every flush uses between 1 ½ and 7 gallons of water.
- Not turning the water on full blast. Turning the faucet on part way can save 3 to 7 gallons per minute.
- Stopping leaks. A single leaking faucet can waste more water in a single day than one person needs for drinking in an entire week.
|It’s a FACT that: |
- The human brain is 75% water.
- Once water is polluted, it can take thousands of years for nature to clean it.
- To stay healthy, people need at least 2 ½ quarts of water each day.
- If everyone in the U.S. could save just one gallon of water per day, 85 billion gallons would be saved per year.
- Most of the fresh water on Earth is frozen. Of what is not frozen, most is polluted. Water is a limited resource.
- It takes 16 ½ gallons of water to produce one 12-ounce can of soda.
|Be A Super Water Saver By: |
- Installing water-saving showerheads to save 2 or 3 gallons per minute.
- Not running the faucet to clean vegetables. Instead, rinse them in a bowl of water. When finished, use the water to water your plants.
- Using a rain bucket to catch rain and then using that to water your plants.
- Covering your pool to stop evaporation. The sun and wind can evaporate over 1,000 gallons of water per month. That’s enough to keep a family of four in drinking water for 18 months.
- Mulching around trees, shrubs and plants. You can save 150 gallons of water per tree.